Meet our Team
The FBS Team
A truly multi-disciplinary team sharing a broad spectrum of skills , knowledge and experience in areas such as management, psychology, listening, mediation, governance, finance and tax; access to some or all of which will usually be needed to tailor practical solutions for clients.
All members of the team have gained an in depth understanding of why and how complex issues develop within family business systems , through a combination of formal learning and many years of practical experience gained through either working within family businesses or advising them.
Liam hails from a Dispute Resolution background - in the past he would have been called a "Litigator", but realised that there were better ways to resolve conflict than slogging things out in a Court, where only legal advisers benefit.
Adept at resolving disputes efficiently and cost effectively, he is a qualified workplace mediator, a Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, and became attracted to the area of Family Business Consulting after studying the nature and effect of conflicts in a Family Business.
Realising that Conflict in a Family Business will almost invariably lead to the fracturing of the Business, and possibly also the Family, he became convinced that Consulting using the FBS model was the best way to ensure harmony and success down the generations, and he is now a passionate advocate of the benefits of a well governed and regulated Family Business”t: 44 + (0)141 222 2820 | f: 44 + (0)7747 768000 | e: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joined FBS as a consultant in 2008
- Qualified as a lawyer in 1986 and prior to joining FBS was head of tax at Dundas & Wilson LLP
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation.
While Susan can help business families with the issues they may face at any stage, her background is particularly helpful when working with businesses which are transitioning between the generations and where succession planning is key.
- 30 years’ first hand experience of family issues and their impact on business performance as managing director and son-in-law within a complex 3rd/4th/5th generation family business
- With the help of FBS in the late 90’s, navigated the business and the family through many changes, including family members joining and leaving the business, professionalising the board, creating a family council and bringing in outside directors and investors.
- Studied Family Business Governance for 3 years (1999 -2002) at the Glasgow Caledonian Centre for Family Enterprise
- Founded (2005) the Scottish Family Business Association ( www.sfba.co.uk )in 2005 to ensure that advice and guidance on family business issues is available to every family business in Scotland. Currently Chairman of SFBA.
- Joined FBS as a consultant in 2007
- Managing Director of FBS since April 2013
Although capable of assisting business families at any stage of their development, his depth of experience as a business leader is particularly helpful when working with growing businesses transitioning between the 1st and 2nd generations
Sought after as a speaker on family business issues at conferences and workshops.t: +44 (0)141 222 2820 | e: email@example.com